My client is looking for a candidate to initially become the Strategic Land Manager, with strong potential for progression into a Director/Head position. My client is a well-funded, privately-owned land promoter and housebuilder who provide a well-rounded work-life balance.
My client will purchase and promote long term land anywhere from 500-2000 units in size. You will be covering the Southern Home Counties patch, and will be leading a well experienced in-house land team. You will report directly to the Land Director, with potential for succession in the coming years.
- Successfully source potential development sites
- Negotiate planning conditions and planning obligations
- Lead and oversee the land acquisition/option agreement process
- Effectively manage a strategic land portfolio
- Build excellent working relationships with relevant officers at Local Authorities
- Effectively manage professional consultant teams
- Ensure all transactions are properly assessed for financial viability and risk
- Maintain good relations with landowners
- Manage the cost recording process Provide input into departmental budget preparation
You ideally will have/be:
- Understand the National Planning Policy Framework and development plan process
- Track record of strategic land deals
- Good understanding of key planning, technical and commercial constraints
- MRTPI (or equivalent)
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- A contact base of land owners and agents
- Good management skills and the ability to motivate others
Call me now or email on 020 3948 5217 / email@example.com - this opportunity is exclusive through Deverell Smith.