Deverell Smith has been exclusively asked to find this boutique developer a Planning Manager. An established but lean team, the Directors have over 10 sites at present at various stages - many in planning. As a business they build some, and flip other sites depending on capacity at the time, and in planning they look both at immediate developments and promote schemes through the Local Plan.
At present they are using consultants, which they are happy to continue doing but would like someone internally to review their work and work on some of the schemes in-house. The projects worked on are across London and the Home Counties, from some (increasingly less) smaller sites to 150 units, and residential-led in nature - although many have commercial or retail elements.
While Planning will be your main role, this developer has long term ambitions and is happy for the successful candidate to get involved with land buying and the whole development process to have a holistic outlook and approach.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Managing the planning process for current and future schemes
* Negotiating with LPAs on S106 agreements, and dealing with S73 and S96a's
* Liaising with stakeholders and getting involved with engagement
* Managing external consultants
Ideally you will:
* Have at least three years within a consultancy or developer
* Be MRTPI or be working towards
* Have strong communication skills and technically sound
* Have an excellent understanding of planning and the residential sector within London
As well as a successful and ambitious atmosphere to work within, this developer will give you the opportunity to grow your career with them as the company grows.
Please apply here or give me (Kate) a call on 0203 056 6282 to discuss. I am looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.