Trainee Commercial Property Manager - Stanway, Colchester - £18,000-20,000pa
Company car or Car allowance - Hours: 8.30 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday
Our clients busy Commercial Department based in their Head office at Stanway, are looking for a full time professional and driven individual to provide a supporting role to our Head of Commercial Property management.
The Commercial Department manages a wide range of multi and single let non domestic properties, comprising offices, retail centres and industrial estates.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a range of rewards and benefits.
Encouragement and support will be given for the successful applicant to achieve further professional qualifications to include RICS.
The principal duties will include initially assisting with:
- Preparing rent and service charge records.
- Rent collection.
- Service charge management.
- Procuring and overseeing repairs.
- Tenant liaison.
- Financial accounting.
- Maintaining property and company/electronic contact database records.
- Management and appointment of utilities.
- Opportunities to participate in the sale letting and valuation of commercial property.
It is intended that individual responsibility for a range of these functions will increase as the successful applicant gains competence and knowledge.
- Communicates politely and confidently with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates basic commercial awareness.
- Capable of building an internal and external network of contacts to create relationships with property owners, contractors and their professional advisors.
- Enthusiasm for a career in the commercial property sector.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as and when required.
- Team player and willingness to listen.
- Good time management.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of MS Office and social media channels.
- Previous property management experience preferred.
- Local knowledge of CO and CM post codes preferred.
The Rewards and Benefits
* With our extensive experience and expert knowledge, our client will provide you with a supportive environment where you can gain the required skills and knowledge, and receive excellent opportunities for development and career progression.
* In addition to your basic salary, they offer a rewarding commission scheme;
* Various discretionary cash incentive referral schemes,
* The option of a company car or a car allowance,
* 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days in the third holiday year, (pro-rated for part time staff),
* A Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme, providing you with the opportunity to buy and sell up to 3 days per year,
* A competitive pension scheme with Scottish Widows,
* Life Assurance with Aviva which covers four times your salary,
* Free car parking across most of their offices,
* They also provide the full workforce with a Christmas Party every year.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom to apply for this position.
- Candidates require a full clean driving licence.
Please APPLY TODAY with your full CV
Please call our friendly, highly experienced RAYNER PERSONNEL EAST team today for a confidential chat about the role and full candidate requirements:-
IAN HOSKINS Director 07538 315866
STEVE TALBOT – Associate Recruiter 07989 949892
MANDY ANDERSON – Associate Recruiter 07940 168941
EDMUND KHOURY – Associate Recruiter 07852 213221