We’re fundamentally changing the way that property is sold by providing a guaranteed minimum price for people’s homes. Therefore valuing accurately and fairly is core to our company’s success and growth potential.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
Your goal will be to provide new customers with the most fair and transparent valuation and guarantee for their home. Specific tasks will include:
- Accurately valuing properties by using a range of techniques including comparable analysis, speaking to local estate agents and visiting the property and local area. This is a very hands on role so you can’t be afraid to pick up the phone.
- Analysing the local market dynamics and trends which form a crucial part of the guarantee
- Making valuation recommendations to the COO for sign-off;
- Analysing and researching macro residential property trends to improve Nested’s valuation algorithm
- Working with the engineering team to create tools to improve the valuation process and cut down the lead time between an inbound valuation and making a customer a guaranteed offer
- Having an influence in the decisions of how to improve our fast growing company, including significant contributions to the operations process going forwards
- Owning the customer valuation process, from desk based analysis to site visits across London
- Learning a new set of diverse skills
- Working with a talented team of enthusiastic, motivated people
- Building London property sector expertise
As an early recruit in this fast growing start up you will have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business from selling properties to important strategic decisions.
We think you’ll probably:
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for property
- Want to learn and develop best in practice property valuation techniques
- Be able to show strong analytical skills
- Want to work in a high growth, fun and collaborative start-up environment. This requires the desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
- Have had 1-3 years work experience
- Have a degree from a top university
- Have lived in London for a year or more
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Work experience in residential property
We believe our values set us apart and our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)