Real Estate Valuation Associate
My client is a Registered Provider operating across England. They provide a new approach to affordable housing that enhances traditional models while putting residents at the centre of our business. They bring together Senior Executives from Housing Associations, the public sector, and institutional residential management who have successfully provided homes for over 100,000 families across the public and private sectors in previous ventures together.
As a Registered Provider, they are regulated by the Regulator for Social Housing and are committed to the highest standards for their customers and local authority partners and work with some of the most experienced Registered Providers in England to manage our homes.
About the role:
They are looking for a Valuation Associate to join our office-based team in Victoria, London. The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months post qualification (MRICS) residential valuation experience. You must have an excellent eye for detail and the ability to organize your own workload. The individual must have excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to coherently articulate views on value.
Key duties include:
- Instructing and liaising with valuers throughout the acquisition and delivery process.
- Liaising with internal acquisition, project delivery and operation teams to obtain critical data for valuation process.
- Rigorously reviewing and challenging valuations provided by third parties.
- Reviewing and debating internal valuations.
- Obtaining latest market evidence from new build sales teams and local agents to inform and support internal valuations.
- Assisting in the review of new bids on investment opportunities.
- Assisting the Head of Underwriting and senior members of the team on ad hoc analysis projects.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues from partnering companies.
- Post qualification experience in a residential valuation role.
- Have a genuine interest in the development process and the residential market.
- Experience in new build residential valuation.
- Proficient in the use of excel.
- Ability to confidently communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written English.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team but also manage own workload.